• Recently hired by kcs

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Jhronk

I have been attending NARS. I am 5 wks in to the course. KCS came and held an interview at the school. I got interviewed and the guy call ed at noon the nxt day(yesterday). He stated that he is offering me the conductor position for Shreveport, LA. Anyone got any experience at this location, or with this rr? My Family and I live in Kansas City, KS and I was wandering if any one knew how long or what it will take to eventually work my way back here. I understand that they want me in Shreveport for a while, and I am willing to stay but just thought I'd see what some of you have to say about this...

Thanks
JARED

by Jhronk

no one here works for kcs shreveport LA?

by freshmeat

You could apply with BNSF at a former BN terminal, then after your 15 week training, bump to Kansas City. There is no hold on new hires at former BN terminals. Gillette, Wyoming is hiring a class right now.

by Jhronk

i told them i'll go to gillette no problem... Have not heard anything yet... they said they are doing whatever they can to hire people from and around that area... that would've been the best case scenario but i don't think it will work out that way