• Railroad-related restaurants in New England

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by caboose9

"The caboose was still at the Sports Depot as of Saturday, Nov. 4, 2006."

"This caboose is reported as New Haven #?, steel, cupola, 1 truck."

Hi,

Is the Sports Depot caboose a New Haven (#?), steel, cupola, car with one truck, as reported?

Has anyone found the road number for this one?

Thanks, Roger

by Arborwayfan

There's a great restaurant in the old station at Windsor, VT. The Vermonter stops there.

by truman

There was a place in Everett Ma. that featured some old Talgo cars. Is it still there?

by Scooter

Arborwayfan wrote:There's a great restaurant in the old station at Windsor, VT. The Vermonter stops there.
The Windsor Station is a great restaurant; I've eaten there several times. I feel foolish, not having thought to post it, since I'm less than ten miles away. DOH!

by eriemike

I had my wedding rehersal dinner at the Windsor Station 12 years ago. Speaking of depots as restaurants, there is the Beverly Depot, in Beverly, Mass., if it hasn't already been mentioned.

Also the Reading, Mass depot was home to a number of restaurants. The last being a great Chinese restaurant. They still had a rebuilt semaphore mechinism inside and a huge wall photo 4 feet by 6 feet of a Boston & Maine 4100 high balling through Reading back in the late 1940's. The Reading Depot is now a Real Estate office.

by jonnhrr

If you like Indian food, there is a decent Vegetarian Indian restaurant in the old Framingham train station. Get a table on the track side and watch CSX freights and MBTA trains while you sip your Mango Lassi.

Jon

by wog820

[quote="jonnhrr"]If you like Indian food, there is a decent Vegetarian Indian restaurant in the old Framingham train station. Get a table on the track side and watch CSX freights and MBTA trains while you sip your Mango Lassi

Went by there today, disappointed though :( that it was'nt Ebineser's that was alot better than what it is now :wink:

by NellsChoo

That's right, the Watertown MA restaurant is still there! I forgot all about them!

Isn't there something in an old station way down Maine, in the Biddeford area? It's some kind of sports place, either a restaurant or club.

Also, I heard something's in NH, maybe the Derry area in an old station. I don't know that area...

JD
  by CVRA7

Out west (Berkshires etc) there is or was something in the old B&A passenger station at Dalton, Mass. near Pittsfield.
And when the Canaan (CT) station is completed, there will probably be a restaurant at that location once again.

by NellsChoo

I forgot about the Erving MA station... the Boxcar Restaurant. The for sale sign now says SOLD...

by eriemike

Now isn't there a ice cream shop or steak house in the depot at Meredith, NH? Also I just discovered that there is a restaurant in the old depot in Derry, NH on the old M&L.

by Robert Paniagua

There's also a restaurant right at MBCR's Framingham Station on Waverly Street, and at some windows, you can see the trains go by the station too! I've eaten there, and the view is cool....

by jscola30

In Yarmouth I think, there is an ice cream stand with a caboose, Bass River Station I think?

by caboose9

jscola30 wrote:In Yarmouth I think, there is an ice cream stand with a caboose, Bass River Station I think?
Maine?

It always helps to note the state!

by GP40MC 1116

NellsChoo wrote:That's right, the Watertown MA restaurant is still there! I forgot all about them!

Isn't there something in an old station way down Maine, in the Biddeford area? It's some kind of sports place, either a restaurant or club.

Also, I heard something's in NH, maybe the Derry area in an old station. I don't know that area...

JD
As for Derry, my lovley town :-D The old Derry Station which is located on the old Manchester & Lawrence Right of Way, which is now a rail trail is the "Depot Steakhouse" I havn't ate their but i hear it's prety good