• Question...

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by MPcarp

Hey all, I work for the LIRR now for 17 years, right now I paint the locomotives in Morris Park. My question is I was wondering what rail roads are in PA? Me and my wife are always thinking of moving to PA somewhere and maybe me going to another R.R. I really love the state of PA and houses there are much more affordable. If I could get a job somewhere there and buy a house we would live happily ever after hehe.

Thank you for reading this

by Aji-tater

Pennsylvania is a big state - do you have a certain area in mind?

See if anybody in one of your offices has a copy of The Official Railway Guide they'd let you have: that book has maps showing where all the railroads are, the big ones have their own maps, and the shortlines are shown by region.

Good luck and ask more questions as they come up.

by kevikens

If you move to Southeastern Pa. , the area near Philly,you will spend the rest of your life railfanning without running out of things to watch.

by bwparker1

NS has shops in Altoona, PA and the living is very affordable. The locals might be a bit different than Long Island folks though....

by Rockin' Roller

I think NS has shops at Conway and a small shop at Shire Oaks if you want to go to the Pittsburgh area. I think there is a shop at Enola also, but not sure.