• Question about CN

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by bs2000

I have a question about the hiring process at CN. I went through the testing and the interviewing, and was wondering how long it generally takes them to let you know if you got the job or not. Some people have said it takes a week, some have said just a few days, so I don't know what to expect.

by overbyja

When I had my interview, there was no "we'll call you either way," They told us that if they didn't call us on a certain day, we weren't hired. The day they said they would call was about 2 weeks from the day of the hiring session. I would say that if you're not contacted within 2-3 weeks, there's a pretty good chance you didn't make it. I was never called back. But don't lose hope, you're experience might be different and it may take them longer to decide who they want to hire.

by cifn2

bs2000, if you don't mind which are you going to a hiring session at?

by ENR3870

overbyja wrote:When I had my interview, there was no "we'll call you either way," They told us that if they didn't call us on a certain day, we weren't hired. The day they said they would call was about 2 weeks from the day of the hiring session. I would say that if you're not contacted within 2-3 weeks, there's a pretty good chance you didn't make it. I was never called back. But don't lose hope, you're experience might be different and it may take them longer to decide who they want to hire.
It was the same when I had my interview. They told me if I hadn't recieved a call by 2 weeks after the interview I didn't get the job. They called me 3 weeks after the interview.