• PSP freezes computer with USB cable

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by KAWASAKI-FAN100

I don't know if this is a good place to post something about troubleshooting a problem on a PSP but here it is. I just got a PSP for Christmas. I know how to do everything on it. Put songs, and images on it. I use a USB cord to transfer all of the media from my PC to PSP. Now I can not do that anymore. Everytime I connect the PSP to my PC using a USB cable, the PC just freezes completely and I have to restart the computer. A message comes up while the PSP is in USB mode and it says that I have to change the USB charge to off. I do that and the PC and PSP will never pick up a USB device.

What do I do to solve this problem? Do I need a new USB cable? Can I take it back to the retailer to troubleshoot this problem?
  by LIRRMEDFORD

Have you tried turning it on like it suggests? Then plug it in and turn it on see if it accepts it. If it freezes again it could be a problem with windows and the USB hub. Just insert your windows disk XP or Vista and choose to install networking devices. Not a place for things beyond PC gamin though
  by KAWASAKI-FAN100

Sorry to bump an old thread but I researched and found out the solution to my USB port problems. All I had to do was unplug the power cord from my computer and leave it unplugged for 30 minutes. After that plug it back in and restart the computer.