• Will the D&H/NS restructuring affect the Montreal Second

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by joha107

Everything is running as usual if not a bit off schedule due to it being winter. Only thing out of the ordinary is that Q621/Q620 has had NS power occasionally show up in the consist along with the usual CN power. Traffic has seemed to pick up slightly, the trains seem to be heavier than usual and there was even a second section of Q621 last Friday. Also Q620 had an IC engine Friday 4th in consist.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=93307

Today Q621 was stopped at Philadelphia, NY with 7 units, 4 CN, 2 CSX, and one NS and looked to be just barely short enough to fit in the siding.

by ANDY117

Now does Selkirk serve only CSX and CN, or does it serve another railroad?

by charlie6017

Selkirk is strictly CSX's yard. The above-mentioned Q621 and Q620 trains that run the St. Lawrence Subdivision (Montreal Secondary) often have CN power on them as they travel Canadian National rails after crossing the border. Why NS power has been on those trains, I have no clue.

by SRS125

Guilford still have trackage rights into Selkirk Yard?

by joha107

I'm assuming the NS power is showing up because the power they use for the CN run through trains on NS/D&H is also being used for the CSX trains. On several occasions I have seen photos from a couple days later of the NS trains (30t and 31t?) with the exact same power as I had seen on Q620/Q621.

by Pj

As of this summer, GRS still ran a SKMO/MOSK? train from Mohawk Yard to/from Selkirk. I believe that CSX use to do this at one point, but GRS now seems to grab there own stuff.
  by xcnoah

Watched CN southbound through Canton yesterday with a CN SD70, PRR (CSX) SD50, and CN Dash 9 and about 85 cars mostly lumber/boxes and salt. Chased em to Dekalb Junction where two CSX SD50s (8666 & 8667) were in the hole. After southbound passed, the SD50s continued north towards Massena running light, making pretty good time...