• Lackawanna Cutoff Passenger Service Restoration

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by NJT4115

Actually, I forgot to tell you guys, I spoke to Chris Christie yesterday about the Lackawanna Cut-off and the PJL, he said that the cut-off is coming along slow and the PJL is almost finished. I think the Port Jervis line is their priority right now.
  by DutchRailnut

Doubt Port Jervis is priority for Chris Christie, unless he runs for Governor of New York.
Last edited by DutchRailnut on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by northjerseybuff

ok..i'll bite..where NJT4115 did you run into chris christie? and what else did he have to say about this project?
  by NJT4115

northjerseybuff wrote:ok..i'll bite..where NJT4115 did you run into chris christie? and what else did he have to say about this project?
At my cross country meet yesterday.
  by DutchRailnut

Hmm hope Chris was not a contestant in the event .............;-)
  by nick11a

NJT4115 wrote:
northjerseybuff wrote:ok..i'll bite..where NJT4115 did you run into chris christie? and what else did he have to say about this project?
At my cross country meet yesterday.
State Championships, heh? Well, he wasn't at the Atlantic Coast Championships or State Championships for Marching Band.

Anyway, he's not against the cut-off. He's for it. Considering the economy though, there is no rush to get it done.
  by 25Hz

Anyone have a realistic timeline as to when trains will start running in revenue service on this line once it's re-activated?
  by NJT4115

25Hz wrote:Anyone have a realistic timeline as to when trains will start running in revenue service on this line once it's re-activated?
Probably in or near 2012.
  by blockline4180

northjerseybuff wrote:original date was oct 2012..who knows now.

Maybe it will be in service by December 2012 a few weeks before the "End of the World" occurs.
  by nick11a

blockline4180 wrote:
northjerseybuff wrote:original date was oct 2012..who knows now.

Maybe it will be in service by December 2012 a few weeks before the "End of the World" occurs.
Right, well, remember folks, we are not here to debate the supposed upcoming end of the world nor the two dates that recently passed.
  by Patrick Boylan

But since the Nonsense thread is now in the vault we have no dedicated outlet for things like the last few posts.
  by blockline4180

Patrick Boylan wrote:But since the Nonsense thread is now in the vault we have no dedicated outlet for things like the last few posts.

This!
  by ns3010

Went by tonight, and it looks as if the piles of ties are gradually shrinking. I think there were about four stacks now, with two of them appearing to be less than ten layers high. I'm not sure where they're disappearing to, as I could not see to the west in the darkness. However, looking east, all of the ties have been moved to the north side of the ROW, although still grouped in sixes, and no rail is visible.
  by nick11a

Patrick Boylan wrote:But since the Nonsense thread is now in the vault we have no dedicated outlet for things like the last few posts.
I'd recommend Scotch.
ns3010 wrote:Went by tonight, and it looks as if the piles of ties are gradually shrinking. I think there were about four stacks now, with two of them appearing to be less than ten layers high. I'm not sure where they're disappearing to, as I could not see to the west in the darkness. However, looking east, all of the ties have been moved to the north side of the ROW, although still grouped in sixes, and no rail is visible.
Thanks for the update.