• Lackawanna Cutoff Passenger Service Restoration

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by NJT4115

ns3010 wrote:In terms of work, nothing has changed in the vicinity of Brooklyn-Stanhope Road. There were however, numerous trees down across the ROW, and that was only in the lengths visible while driving by. There were also tree workers climbing the embankment of the west leg of the wye at UN. They were checking for trees that would potentially fall onto the wires above Center Street.
Have they started laying down rails there? I remember seeing pictures of new track on the cut-off on Wikipedia.
  by Bill S

NJT4115 wrote:
ns3010 wrote:In terms of work, nothing has changed in the vicinity of Brooklyn-Stanhope Road. There were however, numerous trees down across the ROW, and that was only in the lengths visible while driving by. There were also tree workers climbing the embankment of the west leg of the wye at UN. They were checking for trees that would potentially fall onto the wires above Center Street.
Have they started laying down rails there? I remember seeing pictures of new track on the cut-off on Wikipedia.

There is rail laid from the new switch a UN west for about a 1/4 mile or less.
  by NJT4115

Any updates on the project? Have they started to build Andover yet?
  by northjerseybuff

Yes, it was built and completed in the last week since the last update. Trains will begin rolling monday morning.
  by morris&essex4ever

northjerseybuff wrote:Yes, it was built and completed in the last week since the last update. Trains will begin rolling monday morning.
And they will be running turboliners on the cutoff at 220 mph.
  by nick11a

*Shakes Head*
  by ns3010

nick11a wrote:*Shakes Head*
You forgot to use the acronym so that you don't feel old! :-)
  by nick11a

ns3010 wrote:
I don't believe in TLAs... especially SMH....
  by ns3010

nick11a wrote:
ns3010 wrote:
I don't believe in TLAs... especially SMH....
NBD, you don't have to. Just go make your movie...
  by nick11a

ns3010 wrote:
When Dirigibles Attack!

Anway, on a more on-topic topic, I am looking forward to checking out the cut-off first hand soon. My second-hand may be involved as well.
  by ns3010

nick11a wrote:
ns3010 wrote:
When Dirigibles Attack!
I thought it was Unfloatable!
nick11a wrote:Anway, on a more on-topic topic, I am looking forward to checking out the cut-off first hand soon. My second-hand may be involved as well.
Aight. If you're coming up my way, let me know and maybe we'll meet up, since you've returned to "the land of the living."
  by Jtgshu

Oh boy, Nick is back......he must have just got that fancy eeeelectriciiityy back out there in the sticks that is Central NJ.

What are you doing with your hands, one and/or both? There are small children that read these boards, and while I know you've been playing your organ..... in Church of all places..... this is not the place either!!!!

:P
  by morris&essex4ever

Sorry Nick, just trying to add a little sarcasm to NJ Buff's post about trains starting to run on Monday.
  by ns3010

Jtgshu wrote:Oh boy, Nick is back......he must have just got that fancy eeeelectriciiityy back out there in the sticks that is Central NJ.

What are you doing with your hands, one and/or both? There are small children that read these boards, and while I know you've been playing your organ..... in Church of all places..... this is not the place either!!!!

:P
What's he been doing? He watched Unstoppable tonight, and now he wants to make a movie about five out of control blimps (yes, Nick, I called it a blimp).

And about the organ? You don't want to know what he said to me before, so let's just not even go there... hahahaha

:-)