• Vent on 7500 series P74 cars

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Doc Emmet Brown

Was not a knock on ya ken, it was a engineering joke.. and i dont blame ya, "in case of doubt or uncertainty"
Gotta admit it was a bit funny.
Yes I do remember the high freight car debacle, some thought the viaduct would have to be rebuilt.
Remember we picked up the President of the RR at hillside on that trip?
Had to be hoppe Big Guy with dark hair, right time period.
I also remember doing repeated runs through queens that day at mas to see how they rode over the crossovers.
Did we have the metra engines that day? I forget.
I do remember some minor speed control issues so it probably was the Metras.
I also remember all the japanese techs climbing up and around the equipment, all with their hard hats, and lab coats on.
The brakeman turned to me and said. "I don't know about you, but I'm expecting mothra any minute".
I also remember we had a discussion about how far back we could back from queens, to make those runs, and still comply with rule 261 and 262.
At that point the Conductor said " I know Nothing I see Nothing" like sgt shultz..lol
  by 452 Card

We need to take this to a new topic. I'm sure there is a lot of stuff about the FL9AC/ Pilot Bi-Level cars we can rehash (that is if I can remember!). The 7500 car question seems to be answered. One last observation- I remember deadheading on them and they rode nice, BUT- those low windows made me feel vulnerable to the rock chuckers.