• LSL Has Its Diners Back!

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Greg Moore

Gare_NY wrote: I met some great people, and it was very comforting to get to a point in my travels where the crew began to recognize me and remember my order and such. For me, that's the true nature of train travel.
Gare
It's funny, I had to take the LSL to Toledo (well I was going to Ann Arbor ultimately) twice in about a month's time. Had the same dining car attendant both times and he recognized me. This was after a several week's gap. Now that was good service.
  by AZDesertGal

Otto Vondrak wrote:
AZDesertGal wrote:Worst meal I ever had... After this type of meal I decided not to eat on any more AMTRAK trains. I warned everyone else of this food and in fact when returning from o Boston told everyone that if they wanted to eat they should stop in the restaurant in Albany as the food was decent there.
Because you don't like mushroom gravy on salmon? Because you expected something on your spinach salad that wasn't on the menu? Because you didn't like your dining experience you "warned" all your friends? I had some great meals on the Lake Shore. Of course, I didn't order salad. You didn't have bad food, you just had some food that wasn't prepared the way you expected. So you warned your friends? Good heavens, it's not like they tried to POISON you...?
Nobody likes GRAvY on salmon. It just is NEVer served that way. That is gross. How many times have you ordered fish in a fish house and got it served with gravy? And spinich salad is spnach salad. I have had it in many different restaurants and is is always with hard boiled eggs, bacon, and bacon dressing. recipe books show this recipe. My variation to it is at times to add some salmon on the top. If they can't fix food the normal way then for sure I am telling my story of this horrible meal. IF they can screw up a spinach salad and piece of fish then what else on the menu will they FU.
  by Gare_NY

Otto's point still stands, Miss AZDesertGal - the menu description matched the meal that you were served.

Arguing that fact only makes your response seem impetuous at best.

Gare.Chicago
  by electricron

Different Spinach salads recipes I've found on the internet at
http://southernfood.about.com/od/spinac ... ecipes.htm
The key word being different....
a) Wilted Spinach Salad with Bacon Dressing and Hard Cooked Eggs
Hard-cooked egg recipes, this recipe is for a wilted spinach salad with hot dressing. Spinach salad recipe with hard cooked eggs.
b) Strawberry and Spinach Salad - Spinach Salad With Strawberries
Spinach and strawberry salad. This spinach salad is made with strawberries and a red wine vinaigrette.
c) Spinach Salad With Apple Vinaigrette - Spinach Salad Recipe
A spinach salad recipe with apple vinaigrette, made with vegetable oil and finely diced apple, along with vinegar and finely chopped onion.
d) Wilted Spinach Salad Recipe - Salad Recipes
Recipe for a wilted spinach salad made with bacon and green onions, sugar and vinegar.
e) Spinach and Mushroom Salad Recipe - A Spinach Salad Recipe
This spinach salad recipe includes sliced mushrooms and chopped red pepper and bacon.
f) Spinach Salad Recipe - A Fresh Spinach Salad with Marinated Mushrooms
Spinach salad with mushrooms marinated in the refrigerator. Marinated mushrooms are combined with spinach in this tasty salad recipe.
g) Spinach Salad Recipe - A Fresh Spinach Salad
Spinach salad with tomatoes and cooked peas and onion.
h) Spinach Salad with Strawberry - Spinach Salad with Strawberries
Spinach salad with strawberries and lime juice and pecans. Spinach and strawberry salad.
i) Spinach Salad Recipe - Spinach Salad with Hard Cooked Eggs and Mayonnaise
Spinach salad with cheddar cheese and hard cooked eggs and vinegar and other ingredients. Spinach salad recipe.
j) Wilted Spinach Salad Recipe - Spinach Salad with Hot Dressing
Wilted spinach salad recipe with chopped onion and bacon dressing. Hot bacon dressing with vinegar is heated and thickened and poured over the spinach, hence the name Wilted Spinach Salad.
k) Spinach Salad - Spinach Salad Recipe with Bacon and Chopped Egg
Spinach salad with bacon and hard cooked egg with a tangy soy sauce and vinegar dressing. Spinach salad recipe with bacon.
l) Spinach Salad with Pineapple - Spinach Salad Recipe
Spinach salad with bacon and pineapple and a tangy lemon dressing. Spinach salad with pineapple.
m) Spinach Salad Recipe - Spinach Salad Recipe with Bacon and Chopped Egg
Spinach salad with bacon and hard cooked egg, and avocado cut in cubes. A tangy spinach salad recipe, very easy to make.
n) Creamy Spinach Salad
Made with mayonnaise, hard cooked eggs, spinach, onion, and shredded cheese.
o) Spinach and Mushroom Salad
With bacon and Italian dressing.
p) Spinach Salad Recipe with Bacon and Eggs
This spinach salad is made with fresh spinach, hard-cooked eggs, bacon, and easy dressing.
q) Spinach Salad with Apple-Onion Vinaigrette
Spinach, onions and chopped apple with a sweet, tangy dressing.
r) Spinach Salad with Bacon
A delicious spinach salad recipe with hard-cooked eggs, onion, and seasonings.
s) Spinach Salad with Pineapple and Lemon Dressing
Ingredients include fresh spinach, bacon, pineapple tidbits, and a lemon dressing.
t) Spinach Strawberry Salad
Spinach salad with strawberries and lime juice and pecans.
u) Spinach-Mushroom Salad
Ingredients include spinach, mushrooms, oil and white wine vinegar, basil, and other ingredients.
v) Warm Spinach Salad
This wilted spinach salad contains fresh spinach and a warm tangy dressing.
w) Wilted Spinach Salad
Made with a sweet bacon dressing.

That's over 20 recipes on one web page link, note not all included bacon or eggs.....
I believe the only key ingredient common in these Spinach Salad recipes was SPINACH.....