Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by BillyK

Awesome night at Patchogue last night.
Foamed from 5-9 last night watching the trains come in punching threw the snow. Awesome!
the Montauk was late 30 minutes and we saw the conductor climb up on the front to clean out the horn.
Engineer sat on his a** in the engine talking on the phone and watched while this guy was covered in snow cleaning the horn.
Will post pics on youtube when i get time!
Delays eveywhere and saw a dude walking along the tracks in the snow and he told me
he walked from bellport.
a Conductor told me doors were getting stuck and the power was having trouble. He said they didnt
send anything far without extra power.
Met this girl who said her father worked for the LIRR and got her number.
Awesome time!
  by Ocala Mike

Her father works for the LIRR? Wow, that e-harmony site is amazing! Bet your first date will be to Jamaica Station.
  by keyboardkat

Ocala Mike wrote:Her father works for the LIRR? Wow, that e-harmony site is amazing! Bet your first date will be to Jamaica Station.
How do you know she digs trains?
  by RogerOverOutRR

Just wait until she finds out you foam from the mouth over a train...
  by Steamboat Willie

Probably told her that he had a G-scale layout in the basement and the rest is history.
  by BillyK

She dont like trains and no i wont take her to Jamaica.
I was just talking about what I saw in Patchogue that night and i felt bad for the Conductor having to clean a horn
while the engineer sat on the power talking on the phone.
I saw him climb down under the engine and open that plastic crap thing on the front and climb up and use a flare and was hitting the horn
while the engineer was all warm inside the cab.
The dude had so much snow on him got pissed and threw the hammer in the cab and the flare on the tracks.
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

RogerOverOutRR wrote:Just wait until she finds out you foam from the mouth over a train...
She might be ok with it!! My woman actually found railroading very fascinating since she been with me, and she even likes going with me on chases, and also comes and rides along with me while I am on duty!! So don't be so sure the woman will be turned off by it!! :-)
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

BillyK wrote:She dont like trains and no i wont take her to Jamaica.
I was just talking about what I saw in Patchogue that night and i felt bad for the Conductor having to clean a horn
I saw him climb down under the engine and open that plastic crap thing on the front and climb up and use a flare and was hitting the horn
The dude had so much snow on him got pissed and threw the hammer in the cab and the flare on the tracks.
The fun of being a Conductor!!! Builds character!! :-D
  by Steamboat Willie

PP, as you being MNRR's, "#1 Conductor" ala your license plate, I find it absurd you humor this guy. You actually buy this guy's story of having the conductor walk up to clean the horn? If I'm not mistaken, the horns on the diesel fleet have heaters now to prevent ice build up. Big deal if 1 out of the 5 trumpets was a little choked. Engineer on the phone while conductor using his flare is also bogus as well pal.

I also find it hard to believe that this guy, BillyK, met some girl while partaking in his hobby. I don't see how this girl gave him her number considering he was playing pocket pool to diesels.
  by Datenail

BillyK wrote,
Are you sure it was the Conductor cleaning the horn? And are you sure the Engineer was on the phone? What train was it?
  by kmart

I agree with steamboat...this guys story is complete bs.This day and age ,an engineer would not be talking on his cell phone,especially when some "foamer" is taking video.And where is this so-called video?And speaking of foaming,Datenail,your foaming now thinking you can use this bogus story to "nail" some engineer.You should be one of the useless managers this company needs to get rid of.
  by BillyK

Are you sure it was the Conductor cleaning the horn? And are you sure the Engineer was on the phone? What train was it?
I thought it was the conductor because he was wearing a blue coat.
It was the train to montauk that was late and it was around 8pm.
There was one guy on the front with a blue coat cleaning the horn and another in the cab smoking and talking on the phone.
  by Datenail

BillyK responded,
I thought it was the conductor because he was wearing a blue coat.
It was the train to montauk that was late and it was around 8pm.
There was one guy on the front with a blue coat cleaning the horn and another in the cab smoking and talking on the phone.
If this is the train I think it is, the guy in "the blue coat" was the engineer. Don't assume, young man, that people are what you think they are until you know for sure. Was the guy in the cab wearing a plaid jacket? If that it so, then the person in the cab was the conductor. We see the two of them in Jamaica all the time. If this is the train I am almost certain it is, that engineer would never ask a crew member to clean out his horn while he sat in the cab.
  by NDBLOCKLIMIT

BillyK wrote:Awesome night at Patchogue last night.
Foamed from 5-9 last night watching the trains come in punching threw the snow. Awesome!
the Montauk was late 30 minutes and we saw the conductor climb up on the front to clean out the horn.
Engineer sat on his a** in the engine talking on the phone and watched while this guy was covered in snow cleaning the horn.
Will post pics on youtube when i get time!
Delays eveywhere and saw a dude walking along the tracks in the snow and he told me
he walked from bellport.
a Conductor told me doors were getting stuck and the power was having trouble. He said they didnt
send anything far without extra power.
Met this girl who said her father worked for the LIRR and got her number.
Awesome time!

Ok Knucklehead here is how it went. The Engineer was the one who was cleaning the horn and the Conductor was on the engine copying a train order (meet order for the extra at BH) via the phone. He copys on the engine because this way he can give a copy to the engineer like the rules state. So stop with your assumtions and make sure you know what you are talking about before you post stupid comments about something you have no clue about.
  by LongIslandTool

Self proclaimed foamer. What would you expect?