• New MBCR Website

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Diverging Route

The MBCR Website has been revamped. Click. Discuss.
  by bierhere

All of this information should be on the MBTA website. They are a contractor. There name should never appear on anything, period!
  by jamesinclair

bierhere wrote:All of this information should be on the MBTA website. They are a contractor. There name should never appear on anything, period!
Is their contract up for renewal soon?

Doing stuff like this seems like it's just something to throw into the "look how great we are, hire us again" pile.
  by RailBus63

bierhere wrote:All of this information should be on the MBTA website. They are a contractor. There name should never appear on anything, period!
Well, the MBTA doesn't hesitate to blame MBCR publicly when convenient, so I don't have a problem with this contractor having a higher than usual profile.
  by BostonUrbEx

Just going through the site now I realized they don't have any information about zones or fares? Thought that was strange since it seems to have everything but that.
  by bierhere

RailBus63 wrote:
Well, the MBTA doesn't hesitate to blame MBCR publicly when convenient, so I don't have a problem with this contractor having a higher than usual profile.
I would agree that contractor gets a lot of blame for lousy/old equipment. But, the contractor is the one who signed up for the contract to maintain it and to meet the 90% on-time number. In addition, the contractor got a 10% raise between 2008/2009, ( during a no-bid contract extension ). This contract should have gone out to bid, instead MBCR got a huge increase.

for MBCR 2008: 247,434,243
2009: 273,461,652
2010: 280,956,341
  by sery2831

This discussion is about the new site. All I can say IT'S ABOUT TIME. I have felt that the site was an embarrassment.

We have a thread about the last time they were looking to get more time on the contract. http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 65&t=44914

Lets stay on topic, please.
  by TrainManTy

Why was the old site bad? I don't even remember it?
  by Diverging Route

The old site used to have its own schedules, including a look ahead to new ones (i.e. the January Fitch change). Now, the new site just points to mbta.com.