Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by F40CFan

Or Cyan.

Re:

by Trackseventeen

benltrain wrote:
byte wrote:I'm guessing they kept silver and gray open because of that Gray line rapid transit proposal. Although unlikely to eventually come to pass, it's name been given the Gray line name, and if it were to ever be a real line, that would obviously be the color it gets. And as far as the "Black Line" goes, that would certainly not go over well considering the racial makup of the area the Douglas branch serves.
well, they don't send a white line through skokie, but i understand your concern... that is probably the main reason why it was avoided.
Well if that is true, than I have to say the Civil Rights movement in this country has definetly taken a turn for the worst.... if people are that damn sensitive and self-loathing that a "black line" offends them, then shame on them... I mean c'mon people... Now i always thought black was used on certain maps where commuter services were integrated into a rapid transit map.... like in NYC anfd Philly.... while the subway lines are in color... black is used to show the commuter lines inside the subway service area.
  by F40CFan

So true. Unfortunately, the CTA probably doesn't want to take the chance and have Jessie Jack@$$ marching around outside.
  by Patrick Boylan

We had patriotically color coded red white and blue parking lots at a hospital. I heard one receptionist telling someone "you can't park there, that's the white lot".