• Plans for the K cars

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Veristek

Hey all.

I was wondering if any of you guys know of any plans, blueprints, dimensions, etc. of the K cars? I would like to get my hands on these plans if possible for some computer modeling of the K cars in Maya, Gmax, or Autodesk. I've tried looking around a bit and couldn't seem to find K car stuff except photographs. I want to build 3-D models of the K cars for use in a railroad simulator game called Trainz. Let me know if any of you guys have any online resources I could use for the K cars. Thanks!
  by sixflagscoasters

You could also try and ask the MBTA for the drawings.
  by Veristek

Is the MBTA usually receptive to such requests, or do they clam up and refuse to share anything? Just wondering, because of the whole photo / video policy they did a while back and then changed the rules to allow them again and such.
  by sixflagscoasters

^ Not sure, but it wont hurt to try, especially if you want to create accurate 3d models of the cars for Trainz, which I am sure many Trainz and MBTA fans would love you for!

Just try to be very clear on what you what the plans for. Who knows they may even send you the entire MBCR fleet including the engines. You can ask for the whole fleet, but tell them you a really interested in just the K car, and they might just send you the K car plan, and if you lucky you may end up with the whole fleet!

But I think it would be worth a try to send the MBTA an email, and ask them for the plans.
  by sery2831

I would try the State Transportation Library at Park Plaza before you contact anybody at the MBTA.