Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by Chicagopcclcars

Each year in relation to my contractor job at Chicago's MSI, I sponsor a free friends and family charter "L" on Chicago's CTA. This year invite emphasis was placed on the museum's volunteer corps and I'm fielding a four car train for the first time. The charter will run THIS SUNDAY, May 31, 2009. Departure time from Ashland/63rd is 10 am sharp, maybe 9:59 to beat the train off the Cottage Grove branch. Charter will go from Ashland to Linden, then back to Kimball for lunch stop. After lunch go through subway and up south incline like days of Jackson Park/Englewood before resuming journey south as far as we can go. Thats past 99th ST in Red line 98th ST yard. Then return to Ashland. We're using Midway cars that are iPod compatible for music. I could take 5 or so forum members if they RSVP.
I'm extending the invite even though this is NOT a railfan trip, but some interested might want to go for the ride.

David Harrison
[email protected]
  by ChiTransitFan

David...

That is a fantastic offer! Unfortunately I can't make it due to a prior family commitment...my wife would kill me if I backed out...a baptism of a new nephew. She might push me in front of the train...

It looks like you will have good weather...unlike the correctly named IRM Snowflake Special. I am looking forward to next year's IRM charter.

Make sure to take lots of pictures to share!

Terry Gaskin
Romeoville, IL
  by Tadman

David, thanks for the offer. As you may notice i'm 10 days late, but please post next year if you have the space/time/opportunity and I'll happily rsvp. Kind of you.

Regards.