Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by ExCon90

I haven't been in Chicago since they finished Randolph St., and I've read that they put in new platforms at Roosevelt Rd. Did they ever interlock the crossovers at 11th Place?
  by doepack

I last visited the area in March while checking out the new station at Roosevelt Road (now known as Museum Campus/11th St). As of then, the crossovers were still manual, controlled by a switchtender, so I suspect this is still the case. Haven't heard about any plans for a CTC upgrade...
  by ExCon90

doepack wrote:I last visited the area in March while checking out the new station at Roosevelt Road (now known as Museum Campus/11th St). As of then, the crossovers were still manual, controlled by a switchtender, so I suspect this is still the case. Haven't heard about any plans for a CTC upgrade...
Thanks -- I thought I had read about it but couldn't find anything. If they're still hand-thrown that would explain why.