Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by Tadman

One of our members here posts to youtube under MSIBNSF and has a great clip of the new cars and some old highliners - here you go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eexBnHR6 ... re=related

Nice catch, I love to railfan at the Michael Reese Hospital, and that 103rd street shot was great.
  by dinwitty

needs an orange and maroon stripe...then I'm happy...

Those cars seem to dwarf even the metras,,...huge!
  by buddah

love the 103 st shot, Im partial to shots from the bottom looking up thats why I sent Otto to 115th st. ( kensington) while he's in Chicago only good spot to catch metra/ nictd in that position sitting still on the ic run, hope he got some good pics.
  by Chicagopcclcars

Thanks guys. I might try to ride from Hegwisch to Randolph, err Millenium.

David Harrison
  by Chicagopcclcars

Put up a video on the same day the wire came down at Burnham Yard. Had to come back to Hegewisch via South Chicago Metra and CTA #30. Some video of the down wire included.

David Harrison
  by jb9152

Hey, I'm in a YouTube video! Now my life is complete. :-)
  by Chicagopcclcars

Where??

David Harrison
  by jb9152

I'm one of only two guys in a "slime lime" vest at the scene of the downed catenary pole.
  by dinwitty

Haven't actually ridden the line in years, especially since Millinium Station was built, I took shots of the old station leaving out the back of a train mostly to learn the trackage out to Kensington. Totally reworked at Randolph.

Back in the days when the Freight area was there NKP and other lines had rights over IC trackage to get to the South Water Freight Terminal and each had their own terminus there. Thats what I am modeling albeit condensed down. Having model NKP Berks along the Orange cars is perfect.
  by Chicagopcclcars

jb9152 wrote:I'm one of only two guys in a "slime lime" vest at the scene of the downed catenary pole.
Send me your address at my email and I'll send you a DVD of the raw tape.

David Harrison