Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by Zanperk

The city has floated a draft proposal for the CBD.

CTA Bus:
Extend the McCormick busway under Illinois Center to Navy Pier, convert the C&NW Carroll Av ROW to busway and put a busway under Monroe E-W across the Loop.

CTA Rail:
Clinton Av subway. Run a N-S subway from the Clybourn-Division-State Subway along Larrabee and Clinton streets turning east across the B&O\Air Line Bridges @~16th street and connecting with the near southside lines.

West Loop Transportation Center:
Make Clinton St. between Union Station and the Ogilvie Transportation Center a 1200' long, four level, super station including a pedway, main stem for the busways, the Clinton St. subway and heavy rail. The heavy rail portion would allow Amtrak and METRA to through route on the various lines feeding Ogilvie and Union Stations.
  by Tadman

I like the west loop center, but I cannot imagine where a new subway would go...
  by doepack

Ambitious, to say the least. I like the idea for the busway extension, but I think an underground pedway connecting OTC & CUS for Amtrak passengers would be a better (and cheaper) idea, not sure if both stations need to be actually combined like that...