Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by D1054

Can I ask if it is possible to obtain drawings of the metra loco's ? in CAD would be brill but any format would be nice.

I would just like a copy of one for my wall within my PC room.

Many thanks from a cold mike in the UK

by doepack

Have you tried searching the EMD forum? You might find external links to other sites with F40PH's drawn in CAD/schematic form, since this unit still dominates Metra's roster. An MP36 or F40PHM-2 might be harder to find, though...

by D1054

Many thanks for the advise I have had a look on there and found an intresting site

regards mike

by mxdata

I have heard that there will be an article and plans covering the Metra MP36's in the March issue of Railroad Model Craftsman magazine.

by mxdata

I should add to my previous post that there are actually a pair of MP36/MP40 articles, in Railfan & Railroad and in Railroad Model Craftsman. The RMC article includes plans of the Metra and the Utah versions of the MP36.
  by mrconductor55

I remember when Milw 261 was here back in March. I went to 14th street to see the engine off. There was an African-American artist from Atlanta who had all of these neat paintings that he had done. One was of some CBQ E-Units, nother was of a Metra MP36. He was telling me that he had gotten pics at Franklin Park Railroad Days of the UP heritage unit. He was going to do it, along with the 261. He gave me his card, but I lost it :(