Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:
Grump wrote:Yesterday 8/4/08, 2309 had a PL42 on the point.... Not sure if this was the first revenue trip on the NJCL...
wonderful............there goes the rush hours
Hehehe. :-)
  by blockline4180

Do any loose parts ever fall off these engines???
  by Ken S.

blockline4180 wrote:Do any loose parts ever fall off these engines???
It's only a matter of time before they do.
  by CNJGeep

Hmmm...something tells me that PL was on there by accident :-D
The next day, 2309 had an RVL set (4201-5 CII-6056)
Perhaps the sets got switched in HOB by mistake?
  by transit383

A PL42 went west down the NEC yesterday, passing through New Brunswick around noon. Couldn't get the locomotive number, but it was pulling two C5s with the cab car being 6017.
  by Raritan Express

Going to the Atlantic City Line? Imagine what would happen if it breaks down there.
  by purr-fect transportation

Are you sure it wasn't 1 of the 3 Ex Amtrak P-40's? They painted them up so close that if one flashes by fast its hard to tell-supposedly we will start "AC Specials" similiar to the buses. Theres a P-40 at Raritan- we are receiving familiarization training. And if the band your in starts playing different tunes, I'll meet you on the dark side of the moon.
  by transit383

purr-fect transportation wrote:Are you sure it wasn't 1 of the 3 Ex Amtrak P-40's?
Positive. It was a PL42.
  by transit383

4031 went west through New Brunswick around noon with six Multilevels. Cab was 7026. It returned back east around 1:30PM.
  by cnj1524

PL42 went by metuchen at about 1:10 pm with 2 comet 5 cars,didnt get #
  by Steve F45

does anyone have a good overhead roof shot of the radiator fans?
  by transit383

Steve F45 wrote:does anyone have a good overhead roof shot of the radiator fans?
This is the best I have:

PL42 at Kingsland
  by Steve F45

transit383 wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:does anyone have a good overhead roof shot of the radiator fans?
This is the best I have:

PL42 at Kingsland

It helps, but i may have to spend some time at Kingsland to get a overhead shot. I'm trying to see which model 48" fans are used so I can get the appropriate cannon and co. ho fans for a model.
  by cnj1524

Which ho model would you be refering to?