• GMA Whistle Stop Tour tracker thread

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Otto Vondrak

For more information: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

According to: http://www.lat-lon.tv/

The train is off the Housatonic Railroad, west from Pittsfield, and already past Chatham, NY. Now past Castleton-on-Hudson, up the Post Road to Albany-Rennselaer station for a noon appearance...

Due for a scheduled stop at Rome, NY at 3:00pm

Crew change at Syracuse

Due THROUGH (no stops) Rochester around 5:00pm.

-otto-
  by Murjax

Do we know the schedule of this train over the next 50 days at all?
  by AMTK1007

The Train is only running this wekk.. it will NOT be going to all 50 states.

And I presume that the crew change that is coming up will be engineer only, as is standard on Epmire Corridor trains
  by Greg Moore

Dang, had to shut down my computer last night, closed the window with the URL and forgot about it. Could have caught it tihs morning had I been thinking.
  by Murjax

AMTK1007 wrote:The Train is only running this wekk.. it will NOT be going to all 50 states.

And I presume that the crew change that is coming up will be engineer only, as is standard on Epmire Corridor trains
Than what's the story with the "50 states 50 days" motto I've heard about?
  by RussNelson

If you read the GMA link off the first posting here, it says "7 states by train". Presumably the rest are by bus, or by flying, or whatever. Maybe in the east coast they could bicycle from state to state.
  by Otto Vondrak

Train is parked in Niagara Falls tonight.

NOTE: Please limit this thread to actual sightings and reports of train movements. Thank you.

-otto-
  by travelrobb

The GMA train passed my Empire train at Hoffmans at about 1:40 pm--after we had waited 20+ minutes. You can read the account of my unfortunate trip here.