• They make Charlie do EVERYTHING!

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Otto Vondrak

Poor Charlie... now I know why the Ashmont reconstruction is taking so long... poor fellow is working all by himself... witness this sign at Ashmont, with Charlie's sheepish grin saying, "Pardon me, folks!"

So after a long day at 10 Park Street, they make him to go Ashmont and sweep up?? Poor fellow didn't even have time to change his clothes, they just threw a safety vest on him, shoved a broom in his hands and told him to get to work!
  by aline1969

He really has to work hard to pay that nickel to get off the MTA
  by scoopernicus_in_Maine

How much is that nickel worth in 2008 dollars?
  by AznSumtinSumtin

46 cents in 2007 dollars.
  by scoopernicus_in_Maine

46 cents in 2007 dollars.
Crimminy! He'll never work that off.

I wonder if his wife still brings him lunch?
  by aline1969

She can't there is no longer a Scully sq station ...lol.
  by Gerry6309

The station is still there. The name is Government Center (at Scollay Square). It's the lack of an open window that prevents the transaction. :)
  by jdrinboston

Gerry6309 wrote:The station is still there. The name is Government Center (at Scollay Square). It's the lack of an open window that prevents the transaction. :)

Something I've often wondered.....if his wife was able to hand Charlie a sandwich....coluldn't she have just as easily handed him a nickel so he could get off that dang train? :P
  by jonnhrr

Today's version:

Charlie got on at the Kendall Square Station to ride to Jamaica Plain
He endured a bus ride ride to Park St. because the bridge was falling down
When he got to Heath St. the tracks were torn up so he couldn't get off of that train ...

Yes I know it doesn't rhyme.

Jon
  by Stmtrolleyguy

At least for once its UNIFIED. When was the last time we saw the T do ANYTHING the same systemwide? :P
  by danib62

diburning wrote:
Stmtrolleyguy wrote:At least for once its UNIFIED. When was the last time we saw the T do ANYTHING the same systemwide? :P
T logos :-D
What are you talking about? Up until the new signs on the high speed line and the heinous new signs at alewife signage on the T (DNC temp signage excluded) has been pretty uniform since the Cambridge 7 had their say.
  by theinsider

Otto Vondrak wrote:So after a long day at 10 Park Street, they make him to go Ashmont and sweep up?? Poor fellow didn't even have time to change his clothes, they just threw a safety vest on him, shoved a broom in his hands and told him to get to work!
Charlie is the only one at the T with poor union representation. :-D
  by jwhite07

Something I've often wondered.....if his wife was able to hand Charlie a sandwich....coluldn't she have just as easily handed him a nickel so he could get off that dang train? :P
Let me guess... you're not married, right? :-D