• PL42AC Photo request

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by jetfan

Hello All,
A few weeks ago some of you assisted me with a request for a Comet I cab car photo and I wish to say thank you for the assistance, it is appreciated. I now need a shot of the roof detail on a PL42AC for a model, does anyone have a clear image of the roof fans or a general image from above the engine looking down? Another possibility would be a good suggestion for a location to get the shot myself, as close to New York as possible as I am not too familiar with NJ. Thank you for your time.
  by DutchRailnut

This about best shot I could find:
http://www.railpictures.net/images/d1/8 ... 777600.jpg

Picture by Paul Tupaczewski
  by jetfan

Thanks Jaap,
I have that picture, that was the best that I could find online. I try to always do a search before requesting anything. I am trying to find something with a higher angle to see all the detail that is up there, mainly the tops of those fans so I can use the correct ones. Thanks for your help as always, I appreciate it.
  by DutchRailnut

Maybe BigC has a high-spot at MMC where a picture could be taken ??
  by Matt Johnson

I'll see if I can get one the next time I'm at Secaucus Junction.
  by Chessie GM50

There is a good video on youtube that shows a lot of roof detail on it. If you have the right program, you can take a screen-shot of the playing video and get an image that way.

Maybe someone with a bit of a perch could snap a picture? All I have are quarter shots.
  by Steve F45

i've always been interested in a cab shot if anyone has one.
  by jetfan

Hello All,
I want to say thank you to everyone for the effort. I had managed to make some free time today and managed to get the shots that I needed. I rarely ever ride NJT, but today, it seemed almost every train into Secaucus was late, six in a row were at least, as I waited patiently for them!
Joe

Steve, I have a shot somewhere, I'll send it to you shortly.
  by jetfan

Here you go Steve:

This was found on the web and the photographer is unknown, to me at least!
  by R36 Combine Coach

That engineer's seat looks right out of a Mercedes-Benz.
  by sullivan1985

R36 Combine Coach wrote:That engineer's seat looks right out of a Mercedes-Benz.
Looks can be deceiving...
  by thebigc

DutchRailnut wrote:Maybe BigC has a high-spot at MMC where a picture could be taken ??

The BigC currently works out of Port Morris. Weather permitting, I'll see what I can do.
  by thebigc

We got mostly F40's this week during daylight, no PL's showed up until 9:20pm.
  by jetfan

Sorry about that! I found it online and didn't know who deserved the credit for the shot.

It's steemtrayn's photo and he deserves full credit for it.

Thank you for putting it online.