Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by DutchRailnut

MNCR has 4 F40ph-2 cat units on west of Hudson trains.
Numbers 4191/92/93/94, as far as buying P40's I have not heard any thing new on that subject, unless its for SLE.
as far as Naugy, what you see there is what you get.
  by sullivan1985

David Telesha wrote:Alright, which is MN supposed to be buying from Amtrak???

I saw a picture of an F40 in MN paint - where are those used? Will I see one on the Naugy??

Thanks,

DTT
Yeah, as dutch said, F40's are on the west side only... I dont think Metro-North has ever operated F40's on the east side...

by njt4172

How about Metro-North leasing the U-34CH from URHS for East of Hudson branchline service??? It is GE and Metro-North can repaint the engine to EL/NJDOT in what was similarly done to the LV F7's way back when......Ok, I'm just dreaming, but anything can happen since the U-34CH doesnt run anywhere for anyone!

Steve

by DutchRailnut

MNCR decided to scrap their U34 because it would not fit on third rail (fueltank), so no running a U34 here would not work, plus it would be a maintenance orphan, it would be more beneficial to re- activate the 6 MNCR FL9ac starships. but for shoreline east they and the VRE cabcars would need ACSES cab signaling.