Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by railtrailbiker

Westchester would be more civilized, she thought, and the ride would give her time to decompress before picking up her 1-year-old daughter, Remi, from day care and switching from television executive to mommy.

Reality has fallen short of her reverie. While she has few complaints about the ride, it's the aggressive behavior and road rage she encounters in the parking lot at the Croton-Harmon train station that's caused her concern.

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/ ... laces.html

by mncommuter

Yes, getting out of that place is awful, but with only one way out, I don't see how things can improve.

by Lackawanna484

I dunno. It wouldn't be difficult to install a ramp from the south end of the parking lot to US 9 south. Would definitely help in the PM.

Paving the existing road along the west side of the MU shop would let people who live in the condos access the parking lot without getting on 9 and getting off to become part of the crush.

A two lane exit from the parking lot would help. Center lane for 9 North, right lane for 9 south could help. Maybe having a metroNorth cop out there would be a good idea, too, but htey have better things to do, I guess...