• AEM-7 915

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by DutchRailnut

you must see an updated version when I look it only showes no dates but repainted to acela wave, no date mentioned. I show :
915 DC Acela/Wave blank blank blank
(Blue) RWB

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

geoffs wrote
This may be old information, the 915 was restricted NHV-BOS some time ago, as were some others, but it has had a rebuild since then, so this may no longer apply.
the source that i got that info from was updated April 26, 2004

by geoffs

DutchRailnut wrote:you must see an updated version when I look it only showes no dates but repainted to acela wave, no date mentioned. I show :
915 DC Acela/Wave blank blank blank
(Blue) RWB
The date is in the notes towards the foot of the page.

Looking back in my own notes, I've found a list written in June 2002 with the 915 reported sometime in 2001 as restricted from NHV-BOS (also 909, 914, 922, 932, 937 and 953).
The last report I have of the 915 in Phase III (RWB) was in July 2002.

by Irish Chieftain

The posts above said that 915 got a rebuild. That photo's dated July 11.

by chaohwa

However, the first post said AEM-7 915 could not travel between New Haven and Boston.

915 was rebuilt a year ago. I have had two photos of the rebuilt 915 taken in July 2003. The 7/11/04 photo shows that 915 traveled in Old Saybrook, CT, which is exactly between New Haven and Boston.

Chao-Hwa

by Irish Chieftain

The first post was made back in June 29, and appears to have been an inquiry after hearing a rumor.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

that is what is said in my book, it was updated April 26, 2004, so 915 got rebuilt and is now able to run up to Boston

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i saw 915 today on a regional going to boston

by Nasadowsk

And hey, with that 11kv only transformer on 25kv, must have been making good time! ;) ;) ;)

"Our next stop after Providence will be Boston's South Station, in about 10 to 15 minutes...."

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

well, the next stop after Providence is Route 128, and then Back Bay, then South Station

by Nasadowsk

Hey, when you're going 2X as fast? :)

Zoom zoom!

Actually, 25kv on the 11kv tap would just cause the transformer to blow up :(