• Old Blue Line at Revere Beach (was:Uknown Picture)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by blink55184

Anyone have any idea where/when this could be? I found it on a random computer here at work, doesn't look familiar to me at all but the "T" logo on the train looks just like the MBTA's...

thanks

by AznSumtinSumtin

That is the Blue Line at Revere Beach. Back in the 60's or so, there were parking lots and roller coasters at Revere Beach. It's too bad I never got that coaster credit. :( The roller coaster was destroyed in a fire a few decades ago. The train shown in the picture was scrapped when the #4 cars were delivered.
Last edited by AznSumtinSumtin on Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

by MBTA3247

It would appear to be a Blue Line train several decades ago near what looks like a roller coaster. Wasn't there at one time (or maybe still is, I've never been up that way) an amusement park along the Revere Extension?

by MassBayMC1131

It looks like the blue line sometime in the 1970's but im not sure where its at....

by blink55184

I see-

I thought I could see water or ocean in the top right, so that would make sense. Those train cars look decrepid

by NealG

Yes, it's the Blue Line just south of Wonderland. The brick building with the tower is the State Police (nee MDC Police) station and is still standing today. The concrete building towards the right was a bathouse and was torn down about ten years ago.

by F-line to Dudley via Park

That's one of the original Blue Line trains, the first heavy-rail equipment used on the line after the conversion from trolleys in 1924. Because the line was so short (Bowdoin to Maverick) and entirely underground until 1952, those cars stayed in service an amazingly long time. There weren't many left at the end and they were augmented by newer equipment after the '52 extension, but the last of them stayed in service until '80 or '81 when the current fleet replaced all previous equipment.

by StevieC48

Yes its the #1 #2 EBT(0512) cars bulit in 1924 by Pullman Standard. Rebuilt 1951 for the Suffolk Downs extention then later Revere.The open space where the parking lot is has condons now and the (green) bath house is gone. The only thing from thei pic that stands it the State Police Sta.

by The Collector at Court St

Here" the info on the photo.... http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?18295

by The Collector at Court St

Just realized 0512 is at Seashore now.

by DCmetrogreen

They didn't all look that bad; Here's the 0512 after being re-built between then and 1979...

http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?18296

by StevieC48

Unfourtnately its rotting now up at Seashore and is burried out in the back 40. Cant rember if that is the set that ran there when it arrived or was it 0520/21 John do you rember?

by sery2831

Not sure which set is which. The one way out back near the new barn site is the pair that was operational. The dead pair is on a lead to central.