• NJT customer service

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by northjerseybuff

Anyone care to guess how much these guys make? and if theres a huge demand for this job at NJT

by lensovet

well if this is any sign, they aren't looking for any.
but i dunno how accurate that listing even is.
  by SILVERTRAIN

northjerseybuff wrote:Anyone care to guess how much these guys make? and if theres a huge demand for this job at NJT
the job is yours if you imitate a voicemail

by Uzi-Cat

Anyone care to guess how much these guys make?

Anything over minimum wage is an overpayment. I have had so many negative run-ins with them, especially at Secaucus. They tend to be clueless and have no idea how the railroad works. I am sure there are some good ones that have a clue, and probably even care about their job. The ones I have run in to tend to just care about looking busy on camera.

by lensovet

haha i love running into customer care types (anywhere for that matter) that know LESS than i do. like today i was calling up BART, trying to find info about underground cell phone reception. the guy on the other end actually asked me, "so...would that be accounts payable? advertising?"
then asked "so you want to dig or something?"
man, it's a good thing i'm talking on the phone and not to his face.
Last edited by lensovet on Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by geoffand

Sometimes you have to give Customer Service reps a break. In the case of NJT, they are probably given little to no information on what is happening, and are just there to yes sir and yes mam you to death until you cool down. That doesn't give them an excuse to not know the basics, but when people call all frustrated and upset that their train is stuck on the NEC, and the rep hasn't a clue why, you have to give them a break.

My experience with customer service is hit or miss. Occasionally you will get someone who knows what is going on, sometimes you get a moron.

by alewifebp

Since I work in the computer field, I know somewhat where customer service reps come from. We all get frustrated when we just need to know that one little piece of information, but we have to remember that they get tons of calls per day that are what we would consider to be basic knowledge. Basically, they are in idiot mode all day long, so they don't really ever need to answer the tough questions.

I do have to mention that I have had good luck with e-mailing NJT. Pretty fast response, and the the answers were appropriate.

by geoffand

I had a bad experience with e-mailing NJT customer service. I asked for an update on the Cutoff status and when we (the public) could expect the environmental review to be completed. I received as a response a cut and paste of the Cutoff webpage verbatim. Thanks for nothing.