• Inspector Question

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by GEL

Do MBTA Inspectors have authority on the MBCR?
  by sabourinj

GEL wrote:Do MBTA Inspectors have authority on the MBCR?
I don't beleive so. The MBCR conductors would probably have the same authority as an "inspector" on the MBTA. I've certainly never seen one on the CR.

JS

by sery2831

Yes, no one from the MBTA really has authority on MBCR except for High St. type managers. On a train itself, the conductor is the boss of everything and everyone, heh :-)

by GEL

Thanks!

by CSX Conductor

sery2831 wrote:Yes, no one from the MBTA really has authority on MBCR except for High St. type managers. On a train itself, the conductor is the boss of everything and everyone, heh :-)
Which of course has one down-fall.....we take the hit when another crew member makes a boo-boo. :(

by The Collector at Court St

Actually CR uses T inspectors for platform incidents in stations that have subway/commuter rail connections. If someone falls at Forest Hills CR platform, it's often the Orange Line Chief Inspector who is the first responder. Orange Line Inspectors occasionally will have to go on the ROW on the Southwest Corridor after assurance that CR is aware of them. I believe this happens on the Red as well.