• MVRTA (MA)

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by San Diego Transit

Friend passed this along... but I agree, transit authorities need to get the subject of span-of-service correct.

Mid-page at http://www.mvrta.com/EXPAND.htm states:

Between 9:00 am - 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Buses Depart The Buckley Transportation Center Every 45 Minutes.

However, last trips depart terminals at 7:15pm weekdays and 6:30pm Saturdays.

Now, that statement above really has two issues with it, the first being the span of service being incorrect and the second a blatant mistruth about the service... the second part of the span states 6pm to 8pm every 45 minutes... however there is no 8pm trips... last trips are at 7:15pm.

Send this property an e-mail regarding this issue so they can fix this issue.
[email protected]

Now, I must say that I am happy to see that this property has increased service... very encouraging in this day and age.

by gt7348b

Well actually - in transportation professional speak, there is actually 45 min service till 8 PM since the last service leaves at 7:15 - 45 minutes before 8.

BTW - I'm being completely facetious. Technically, the annoucement is correct, but ir doesn't pass the common sense test