• Bavarian PM calling for Transrapid "next year"

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by Irish Chieftain

Forbes...from February 16.

Apparently, Stoiber doesn't want China becoming the "exporter" of Maglev technology. He wants the Transrapid to be built next year...
  by george matthews

Irish Chieftain wrote:Forbes...from February 16.

Apparently, Stoiber doesn't want China becoming the "exporter" of Maglev technology. He wants the Transrapid to be built next year...
Germany is not as rich as it used to be. Where will he get the money? The ausbaustrecke (rebuilding and upgrading of existing line) between Hamburg and Berlin already has cut the travel time considerably, and that money has been spent.
No other route has been surveyed.
  by Thomas I

Irish Chieftain wrote:Forbes...from February 16.

Yes Mister Stoiber also wanted to become chancellor...
He wants always much - it never becomes.

Did I say he is a "bayerischer Depp" (= bavarian fool)? No? Yes he is!

by Irish Chieftain

That's a much-shared opinion. But he's enough of a firebrand to hit the news still, so that says a lot about his clout. Proof's always in the pudding of course...
  by Thomas I

george matthews wrote: No other route has been surveyed.
Mister Stoiber wants a route between Munich Central Station and Munich Franz-Joseph-Strauss International Airport...

Yes he is a "Depp"... :P :wink: