Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Rick Stricting

Hi everybody. Bob Todaro, LIRR Conductor, retired. 5-22-72 to 10-31-03. I chose the username "Rick Stricting" after that monstrocity I made just before I retired - the "hanger" signal complete with eyes, teeth, legs, and two arms hanging from a wire clothes hanger. He was supposed to be the LIRR's new "mascot." Justin Germaine from special duty condr fame became Rick's custodian when I left. Rick is somewhere in Jamaica. Anyway, loved reading the forum and yes, I have alot to share. Later. :-) [/b]

by emfinite

Hiya Bob, welcome to the LIRR forum here on Railroad.net! If you have any questions, comments or problems about the site, please drop either myself or Lirrmike a private message. Hope you enjoy our little corner of the internet!

Joe

by BMC

Hi Bob ... full speed MAS

by Richard Glueck

Glad to have you aboard. Everyone is interested in your knowledge, pictures, and information regarding equipment disposals in this dark era of the LIRR.

by NIMBYkiller

Welcome Bob!

by Dave Keller

Hi Bob . . Welcome

I was a summer extra ticket clerk in 1972 and a summer Special Services Attendant in 1973 and 1974. Perhaps we bumped into each other at one time or another.

Me and a number of other "old timers" (some older than others!) appear to be the resident historians of the Forum. If you have any questions about the LIRR's past, I, for one, will be glad to help you.

Happy posting!

Dave

by M1 9147

Welcome Aboard, Bob! I'm one of the railfans who frequents Port Jeff, and also frequented KO from time to time, and go all over the place at times. If at Port Jeff, you might of seen me with another buff there, Butch!

by robertwa

Welcome to the forum, Bob!

LIRR History Website

by dukeoq

Welcome, Bob
Did you ever work the yards in your 30+ years?
If you did, maybe we worked together.
I finished my 38 years in Holban Yard on YFD 201 in 1995.
I hear things are different there now.

by RetiredLIRRConductor

Hey Bob! welcome! Man you have been gone 2 years allready? Wow time flies. You know me as "The Woodchuck" Yes I am still working for the RR, not sick of it yet! talk to you soon!