• RMLI Holiday Open House-Anyone have any info?

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by MACTRAXX

Everyone: I would like to know when the Holiday Open House at RMLI is scheduled for this year. This may not be the right place to post this but didn't RMLI have a forum on this website? I went last year and it turned out to be a lot of fun! Happy holidays to all - MACTRAXX

by Long island Joe

Santa comes to Greenport on Saturday December 3 and Sunday December 4 2005

Santa will arrive on the noon train and will depart to the North Pole at 3:30 PM on each day. The Museum will open from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM on the days of Santa's visit and there is no admission charge for these days.

by Dave Keller

Put Santa to work!!!

Let him arrive at Greenport on a handcar! :wink:

He needs to work off some of November's turkey and stuffing! Give him a form 19 and let him go! :-D

Dave

by Richard Glueck

Better still, Dave. Give him a paint brush and rust scraper. If he knows how to weld, get him going on saving some of that passenger stock.

by Long Island 7285

Guys, that would be a great gift Santa can give. :wink:

by robertwa

Santa will arrive on the noon train and will depart to the North Pole at 3:30 PM on each day.

I see from the schedule that a train does arrive in Greenport at 12:02 PM, but the only westbound trains are at 1:17 and 6:17. I assume he is returning to the North Pole by reindeer, then - or will they run a special train for him?

by Dave Keller

In the "spirit" of the holiday season, the "Scoot" will take him "'round the horn" from Greenport via the Manorville branch and on to Bridgehampton where he'll make connection with a Montauk train to give presents out there amongst the barrens of Fort Pond Bay! :wink:

Ho! Ho! Ho!
Dave

by MACTRAXX

Thanks guys - I'm really looking forward to it! MACTRAXX

by Long island Joe

Santa Coming on The 12:02pm Train

by NIMBYkiller

Dave, don't get my hopes up like that! :-D

by Long Island 7285

Mabe Santa can bring RMLI a present like some money to get the pullmans restored. :-D

by One of One-Sixty

How far is Greenport from Riverhead Station?

Give some one give me directions from the Riverhead site to Greenport?

by MACTRAXX

Greenport is 21 track miles from Riverhead. You can take Route 25-Main Road. There is a sign I recall "RAILROAD STATION" after entering Greenport Village. You make a right turn at this intersection-I do not recall the street name-The Shelter Island ferry and the Maritime museum(directly ahead-the old RR depot) are right there also. OR- Take the train leaving Riverhead at 11:23am ar Greenport at 1202pm. This train returns to Riverhead leaving GRE at 1:17pm ar RIV at 1:56pm. The fare for this ride is $2.25 OW or $4.50 RT. There are no machines at either location-meaning no penalty fare. MACTRAXX

by One of One-Sixty

Will the snow have any effect on todays event as I want to drive out and bring my little girl with me.

I will be wearing a Green Stetson University Zippered Hooded Jacket if anybody wants to meet up.