• Passenger Car Rosters

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by Amtrakfan119

Does anyone know where I can get rosters of the passenger cars on the CalTrain, Sounder, Coaster, MARC, Metro-North, and/or LIRR? Also, although this isn't commuter related, is there a roster of locomotives and passenger cars for the Grand Canyon Railway? Thanks in advance everybody!

by SRS125

Grand Canyon Railway as far as I can rember has 2 ex ATSF CF7's and 4 Steam engions I beleve them to all be eather 2-6-2's or 2-6-0's its been a while sents I was there. Among outher things they have about a dozen or so coaches.

I'm not sure how many cars that each of the rail lines that your looking for have but there are locomotive rostors on line for each of them.

Even thow this dose not corospond with what your looking for I can provide the folloing info that GO Transit has 30 Locomotives and 331 tri-level hawker-Sidley Coachs.

by Amtrakfan119

Thanks! I have the locomotives for the commuter lines, but I defintely needed the information for the GCR. Don't they have some Alco PAs too? And also, are those 12 coaches all Heritage type or are we talking newer equipment or heavyweights?

by SRS125

I'm not sure what the coahes were or who made them. The GCR has 2 ALCO FA2's come to think of it althow I do not recall who they baught them from.

by pgengler

This site has a lot of rosters, including passenger railroads:
http://www.thedieselshop.us/MPR.html

I don't see the Grand Canyon Railway listed, though.

by Amtrakfan119

Thank you so much to everybody. I've managed to get all of them except the MARC cars. I still need that if anybody can find it. Thanks in advance.

by PRRGuy

I'm pretty sure those FA-2's are old VIA RAIL CANADA units, ex CN