Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by NIMBYkiller

I'm wondering if anyone here has any connections with someone at the RR that could hook me up with a possible internship. I need it for the second semester of school as part of a class I'll be taking. NYCT is only for NYC students, and anything else that I've found is for college students. I think it also has to be a non-paying internship.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

by 9C1LT1

Hi Nimby,

You must have chosen the “senior options” program. My grade was the experimental year for that program. I did my internship at the Police Dept. Interesting to say the least…
Hate to say this but I think your going to find that you’re out of luck with the LIRR. I’ve tried many things to get an internship with them in college, including calling and speaking to a few LIRR employment officials.
Why don’t you try Dell Transportation? I realize it’s a different mode of transportation but its in walking distance to your house and school, plus it will give you the idea of what goes on in a transportation office, dispatching, routing, etc.. Last thing, its right across from the train station, so you’ll always have a good view.

-Barry

by NIMBYkiller

Yup, senior options. Begun is an awesome teacher...I couldn't not take the course.

I might try with Dell...or...GASP..PIERCE! lol. I was also thinking about contacting North Fork Express. I'm trying to pull in all favors here. I even tried NYA, but someone there, I think Krebs, never got back to me after he went on "vacation"

by Long Island 7285

I made a poste here, what's going on, who is deleting my posts, im not getting any PMs stating why they were removed, BTW no profanity has be used in them.

by Clem

Maabee its yer spellin?

by Long Island 7285

I know my spelling is not the greatest, but if thats the case just PM me to "spell check" don't just delete it and give the impression of "screw you"
Im shure you would not like your posts deleted with out knowing.