• Cascades TALGO equipment (1994-1998)

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by B&M E7

Can anyone tell me what became of the original leased CASCADES TALGO equipment which operated out Seattle between 1994 and 1998.
These were "off the shelf" Spanish built trainsets that did NOT have the "transiton finbacks" that the current Cascade TALGO trainsets have.
Were they returned to Spain?
Thanks in advance

by Irish Chieftain

You might have better luck asking on the Amtrak forum. (79 mph does not qualify as "high speed".)

As for the Cascades trainsets, I was not aware that any were returned; I thought that the current trainsets were the same as those hauled by the F40PH (Talgo TPU), with the "fins" added later. (The Cascades Talgo TPUs are also "off-the-shelf" IIRC.)

by westernrrtx

The original train set was dismantled in Seattle, put into containers, and shipped to Talgo in Spain.
  by B&M E7

westernrrtx and irishchieftain.
Thank you for your responses.
Dismantled & shipped back to Spain. I kind of figured that was the disposition, but Iguess thas was non "hot news" and escaped the attention of the media.
Thanks again for the responses.