• Model Power Long Island Rail Road 4-4-0

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by B&ABL256

I just recived my long awaited back order LIRR 4-4-0 from buynscale.com and all I can say is Model Power has put out a nice little loco wow can belive I am saying that about MP but she runs and looks great. Now I will get the LIRR 2-6-0 they make.
Mike Arnold
Twin Forks NRHS

by Dave Keller

Mike:

Can you post a scan of the engine? I'd like to see it!

Also, the LIRR never used 2-6-0 (mogul) wheel arrangements from the time of the 1898 renumbering, forward, unless they had an odd-ball tank loco from one of their acquired roads, so if you're striving for realism, keep that fact in mind.

If not, then enjoy!!!! :-D

They DID have some 2-6-2T tank engines.

Dave Keller

by Long Island 7285

I think MP is also doing a camel back also?

by B&ABL256

in N scale?
mike

by Long Island 7285

no HO, now that I think of it IHP might be the ones makeing that, ill look for a link to post.

by B&ABL256

ho sucks they get everything

by Dave Keller

When I modeled in HO, there was NOTHING marked LIRR!

You either scratch-built it, or you did without!

Glad to see that's changing, albeit in a quite expensive manner!

Dave Keller

by lirrmike

It is amazing what is available out there for the LIRR. No 'modern' stuff yet. I know the GP38-2s and the MP15ACs were sort of modern, though not up to date. You have RS3s, RS1s, along with a Baldwin switcher and some nice looking Slate gray baggage cars with Dashing Dan logos on it (I have an order in for it!). Now all I need is ALCO C420s - gray with the orange stripe, and an ALCO S2 - same scheme. Pretty please!

Mike

by Long Island 7285

Contact Atlas, they told me that LIRR is a big seller for them and they make the C424/5 so maby they can move on to a C-420 in LIRR 3 schemes and in other roads as well.