Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Yanks Rule

Hi everyone. I have a monthly ticket between Deer Park and Jamaica, zones 9 and 3. I was wondering if I can use the ticket to and from places like Huntington and Babylon since they are in zone 9 or any other location if it is between zones 9 and 3. Thanks.

by Lirr168

Yes, you can use your ticket to travel from any station stop in Zone 3 to any station stop out to the end of Zone 9.

by robertwa

But I don't think you can go through Woodside to get to the zone 3 stations on the PW branch.

by MACTRAXX

YK ane Rob: You are correct! Tickets for zones 9-3 are valid between Northport,Deer Park and Babylon and all points in between to Jamaica,Queens Village and Rosedale and all branch lines herein. It would also be valid between Flushing-Main Street and Port Washington. To go to zone 1 you would pay a step-up charge equivalent to the TVM/ticket office fare. or purchase a $3 City Ticket on weekends. You can go VIA Woodside-purchase a ticket between Jamaica and Flushing Main VIA Woodside. It is much cheaper than buying two separate one way tickets. If one leg of the trip is on a PEAK train,the PEAK fare applies. On weekends-it may be cheaper to purchase two City Tickets for $3 each-than you have the option of going to Penn Station as well. CAUTION-When City Ticket is in effect $3- the On Board fare is $10-or a $7 penalty! MACTRAXX
  by Yanks Rule

Thank you all for saving me a few bucks when I have to travel to Long Beach and Albertson in the coming weeks.