• Video clips of high-speed trains?

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by David Cole

Greetings, all...

I'm wondering if anybody can point me towards some decent-quality video clips of high-speed trains in action, either cab views or wayside views.

I've downloaded the clips on TGVweb, but there's only a couple of them, and the quality isn't the greatest.

I'm particularly interested in the French TGV trains, but I'd also be happy to see clips of the Japanese bullet trains, Acela, ICE, etc.

Thanks!

by CoastStarlight99

I just recorded several videos from the Italian Eurostar trains frmo my recent trip to Europe. Unfortunetly, the videos are the trains soming into stations (not at track speed obviosuly) ... I will put them on my website (in signature) when I have uploaded and edited the DV tapes.

by R143MAN

The Acela Clips are ridculous, on that site. One of my favorite sites for amtrak pictures. He was so close to the train. Makes me proud to model Amtrak, as well as high speed rail.

by Eisenbahner

http://www.ice-fanpage.de is a fantastic website about the German ICE. This site is entirely in German, but full of images and easy-to-follow links. The webmaster, Dennis Schollbach, has some incredible video clips from the new 300 km/h Frankfurt-Cologne HSR route. Here's the link directly to the videos: http://www.ice-fanpage.de/ice_multimedia/videos.htm Click on "Anschauen" in red ink to view the clips. Some of my favorite clips are the 4th and 5th ones on the page showing trains passing at speed (186 mph!). The last clip shows how the Siemens engineers have programmed some of the trains electronic devices to "hum" the German national anthem... pretty funny what engineers do in their free time.

by Nasadowsk

<i>The last clip shows how the Siemens engineers have programmed some of the trains electronic devices to "hum" the German national anthem... pretty funny what engineers do in their free time.</i>

Sounds like the propulsion system :) I was waiting for someone to do that. It'd be even more impressive if they could also roll the train at the same time :)

the newest clip at the end shows a pir uncoupling and the front 1/2 just rolling off into the distance. No brake tests, no uncouple and stop and screw with the coupler...

Just *pop* and off it goes....

Someone should forward that to the FRA. They'd have a heart attack if they saw this being done!