• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

@Redfish the high turnover at Conrail, at least in North Jersey, has been going on for years. Like you said, new hires leave after training is near complete or otherwise finished. A big complaint I hear is lack of consistency. Any crew can be assigned to any different train on any given day for the most part. This was especially obvious with SA38 from 2019 onwards. I’d see one crew bring that train back only to see them on MA-2 about a week later.
  by CharlieL

Doubt there's going to be a run today if the cars were still in Browns last evening.

Tie work still proceeding between Marl Rd and Squankum-Yellowbrook rd. Looks about done.

Probably not another run until Friday.
  by JohnFromJersey

CharlieL wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:21 am Doubt there's going to be a run today if the cars were still in Browns last evening.

Tie work still proceeding between Marl Rd and Squankum-Yellowbrook rd. Looks about done.

Probably going to be a huge train Friday then. Make sure to get pics/videos!
  by Bracdude181

JohnFromJersey wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:25 am
CharlieL wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:21 am Doubt there's going to be a run today if the cars were still in Browns last evening.

Probably going to be a huge train Friday then. Make sure to get pics/videos!
2005 probably can’t pull that alone. I’ve seen it struggling to pull 11 cars in notch 8.
  by Bracdude181

trainfann101 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:57 pm SA-31 brought cars to Red Bank this evening, unsure how many and if RB-1 will run tomorrow
I stopped by Red Bank last night. Whatever was dropped looked to be lengthy…
  by Forest3670

Just heard the Train in Farmingdale at 900am. Must have been going slow, longer gap between the crossing horn blast. Must have a different conductor , the toots sounded different
  by Bracdude181

BDRV 752
C&D 2005

15 cars today. At least one for Bel Ray, haven’t seen the whole train yet.

Turning around at Cross Street at 10:37 AM
  by Bracdude181

BDRV hi rail truck heading south on the Southern Secondary from Woodhaven…

RB-1 working Woodhaven 11:28 AM
  by Tanker1497

Approaching Marl Rd with highrail and tamper leading the way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tanker1497 on Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Bracdude181

Northbound through Farmingdale 1:35 PM

Tracks Unlimited is going south from Farmingdale with a ballast regulator. They are filling in the ballast gaps from where they put ties in.