• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by ChooChooCharlie

ChooChoo Charlie reporting, the train is at Brick Recycling Wall Township yard. I spotted some well known rail fans. I miss my Thursday nights
  by Bracdude181

I miss them too. The Conrail train still runs Thursdays but it only goes as far as Red Bank now.

Train will be leaving Brick Recycling in a bit.
  by Bracdude181

Back in Red Bank 3:10 PM.

All outbounds were left between Patterson and Newman Springs roads instead of splitting the train.
  by CharlieL

Farmingdale not doing well. Gate down, trooper has road blocked, traffic routed to Academy, lights flashing at Central Ave. Something wrong in signal box? I'm sure someone from this site who saw train pass thru would have mentioned it.
  by Bracdude181

A friend of mine told me that Farmingdale had a brown out minutes after the train went past. Maybe that’s it?

I will say though, there were a lot of crossing malfunctions today. Many crossings were completely non-functional…
Last edited by Bracdude181 on Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by CharlieL

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:43 pm A friend of mine mentioned that Farmingdale had a brown out minutes after the train went past. Maybe that’s it?

I will say though, there were a lot of crossing malfunctions today. Many crossings were completely non-functional…
That's what horns are for ;-). Gate is down and as mentioned before, rather badly bent.
  by Bracdude181

For anyone curious about the rail outfit currently residing at PolyOne, (across from Collingswood Auction) I have started a thread where we can discuss anything going on there. Looks like they have an old trolley car on the property.

post1604818.html#p1604818