• Cannonball Drumhead date(s)?

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by 4behind2

1960's thru early MTA. Most likely until the heavyweight parlors were retired.
  by RGlueck

I believe it appears on at least one, if not two, images in "Steel Rails to the Sunrise".
Actually, going back to "The Sunrise Special" with its keystone logo, I wonder if any of these drumheads were preserved in any manner. They would be treasured items in this modern "subway car" era which defiles the Long Island Rail Road.
  by C-LINER 2001

The Heavyweights on "The Cannonball" last year was 1968, the Drumhead was use, the Lightweights took over in full was 1969 no drumhead was use.
  by RGlueck

"Setauket" was sold to private ownership and renamed, repainted, and I understand has fallen on hard times. She was a real observation car and sorely missed.
Anyone know more about her?
  by RGlueck

Somebody must have at least one of these in their garage or basement.
  by MACTRAXX

Steve and RG: RMLI Riverhead has on display the round 1985 Cannonball drumhead sign pictured by Art Huneke...
The location is on the west wall of the Freeman Building over the O gauge layout - along with a 160th Anniversary
LIRR drumhead sign from a special 1994 LIRR fan trip (1834-1994) ran that year...
I remembered that RMLI Riverhead had drumhead signs and made sure to check for them on my last visit...
RMLI Greenport has LIRR signs and related items on display as a mention...MACTRAXX
  by RGlueck

Thank you for that information.