• Stephen Gardner Interview

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by J.D. Lang

It's almost like "peaches & cream".
  by ExCon90

I think Gardner missed an opportunity to point out that highway rest stops can be mini-hotbeds for the virus -- the interiors can be stuffy, and you can't expect people to be wearing masks unless the management is really strict about it, which I don't think is the case.

I'd like to see more from Yahoo news about that 1878 tunnel under the Hudson ...
  by Gilbert B Norman

ExCon90 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:21 pm I think Gardner missed an opportunity to point out that highway rest stops can be mini-hotbeds for the virus
Mr. Ex Con, after my September road trip to Salt Lake City, I couldn't agree more. At a truck stop in Wyoming, I was the only one, customer or employee, wearing a mask. Others in IA, UT, and CO, if not as blatant as the one noted - a TA in Evanston (I try to get gas in each state I traverse - only fair) - those wearing were a "minority".

Suffice to say, even though triple VAXED, I got tested (negative) some three days after returning home.