• VRE will return to full service June 1st

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by davinp

VRE sent htis email:

VRE is returning to our full service schedule on Tuesday, June 1st. This means you’ll have the same options for your commute as you did prior to the pandemic-related reduction of service.

Notes:

We will operate the Seasonal Schedule on the Fredericksburg Line which adjusts some arrival times for afternoon trains.

The Amtrak Step-Up program is still suspended, so there will be no Amtrak Step-Up trains until further notice.

All social distancing and face covering requirements will remain in place. We will also be continuing the enhanced cleaning efforts and other protocols implemented over the past year.

We look forward to seeing everyone out on the trains!
  by njtmnrrbuff

That’s great news! I’m going to be in DC between 6/12 and 6/19 and might take a VRE trip somewhere. I’m planning to railfan VRE at the very least.
  by danib62

Just a heads up, VRE is really tough to railfan with their almost exclusively peak-direction schedule.
  by njtmnrrbuff

Yes it is but during the longer days of the year, it's not so bad. I've railfanned them a million times during the rush hour in the warmer months of the year. It's certainly not easy to ride them. They are still a rush hour operation strictly, although there are a few reverse peak trains on the Manassas Line.