• SEPTA Push Pull overhaul status

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by zebrasepta

since they're considering multilevel cars as a replacement, i don't think they'll be making modifications on the current push-pull cars
Correct me if I am wrong someone
  by SCB2525

I would hope they'd still keep most of the Bombers; even though their interiors are woefully dated, they're still comfortable and functional.
  by SEPTA2461

I guess we'll never see 2401 again.
  by SEPTA2461

Update: 2504 outshopped and coupled with 2512 in their new blended logos! Bound for Thorndale on the Great Valley Flyer!
  by Silverliner II

While we were all busy with this year of COVID, apparently SEPTA kept busy too.

Cab cars 2402 and 2406 have graduated from the push-pull overhaul program.

Only three cars in the fleet remain to be done to complete what has become a marathon project started back in 2014: 2403, 2404, and 2409.

2409 is the cab car currently in the shop getting its makeover.
  by Silverliner II

Update as of 2/26/21.... it is almost finished.

Only two cars in the push-pull fleet remain to be given their interior makeover/exterior re-striping.

2404 is in progress now.
When complete, the last car, 2403, will be moved in to get the job done.

This project began back in 2014.... can you believe it? And when Silverlinergeddon intervened in 2016, at that time, three trailers and eight cabs remained to be done. And when the program resumed in 2017, those 11 cars, like the first three, would end up being done by SEPTA in-house.

Four years to do 11 cars, due to the constraints of time and manpower.... seven years overall to do 45 cars.....