• LIRR reprinted old TTs in the 1970s?

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by timz

The other thread:

"I bought several timetables from the early 1900's that turned out to be official reprints that the LIRR came out with in the 1970's."

LIRR reprinted old timetables to sell to fans? Anybody know which ones?

by Dave Keller

I seem to remember there was an 1899 public system timetable as well as a 1903 or 1904 employee timetable. (I had the original ETT from which the copies were made, but, unfortunately, traded it some years back for a bunch of LIRR negatives for my archive.)

There were some others as well but I don't recall them.

The bad part about it, was the reproduction was very good quality and nowhere on the items was there any indication of them being repros!!!

Dave Keller

by Dave Keller

A little yellowing, handling and brittleness from age and . . . voila! you have an original!

Well . .. kinda. :wink:

Dave Keller

by BobLI

Looks like all those timetables I have arent worth anything after all. i have the employee timetable and some small ones like the public time tables. I thought they were good originals very well preserved. How about that!!!

by robertwa

Here are two timetables that I had on my website. www.lirrhistory.com that someone told me were reprints:

by BobLI

Hmmm, I have some thet look similiar. From around 1880-1910 if i remember the dates. never had any idea they were copies!!