Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Train2009

RF1 with #161 and #153 were running light westbound to Fresh Pond past Queens Village this morning at 10:31 AM right after train #8011.
It came back eastbound light this afternoon at 2:24 PM following trains #7708 and #6752.

#157 was on the fuel pad at Richmond Hill this morning and #150 was the Jamaica protect.
  by LINYARailfan

168 was the Jamaica Protect yesterday.
Today 161 and 153 were seen in Mineola on the RF1 headed westbound around 10:12AM
  by newkirk

With the Ronkonkoma Branch out this weekend for switch work east of Farmingdale, caught this work train after the snow stopped this morning.Train is not moving. On #166, I noticed the white decals on yellow paint doesn't look good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by tj48

150 and 152 sitting just east of Wyandanch Station with a empty welded rail train.
  by C-LINER 2001

Hello tj48, the #152 is special to me and my family, my Dad retried in 1977 and # 152 was his engine that day, its good to hear its still running and did they repaint it yet?
  by mirrodie

Sitting on a westbound Huntington train at speed and passed at least 3 MPs on a siding just west of Hicksville station
  by tj48

150, 164 and 161 (cab painted blue and yellow, the rest still in its old very ratty paint) slowly working east with a welded rail train dropping rail on the original main between Wyandanch and the Deer Park Ave overpass.
  by newkirk

tj48 wrote: 150, 164 and 161 (cab painted blue and yellow, the rest still in its old very ratty paint) slowly working east with a welded rail train dropping rail on the original main between Wyandanch and the Deer Park Ave overpass.
I saw that welded rail train Saturday morning. Also caught flats with concrete ties last week. What's exactly going on with track replacement on the Ronkonkoma branch ?
  by PlaneLoverA380

Saw 157 and 153 with what looked like some gondolas going westbound at Mineola around 9:50 AM today. 157 was leading.

Edit: Both of the noses were in new yellow paint. Sides not so much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by LINYARailfan

Yesterday 4/27,
161 and 150 were seen on the Garden City Secondary at a little after 5pm with four LI yellow flat cars.
Today 4/28,
150 was seen picking up thirteen stone cars on the Garden City Secondary with 161 sandwiched between the stone cars and four LI yellow flat cars at around 11:40AM.
They held on the secondary and followed train 6751 at around 12:26PM.
  by Dump The Air

all those years of rollerjobs have really gone a long way to protect the original paint on these units
  by Train2009

RF1 was seen on 5/17 at Queens Village at 12 PM westbound with #171 and #160 which it was pulling a yellow flat car loaded with track pieces, a gondola with ties and 4 FTSX concrete tie cars with a load. The last 2 FTSX cars were black ones, RF1 came back past Queens Village at around 1:10 PM in the afternoon headed out from Belmont Park westbound after it dropped off the 2 black FTSX cars as it was headed to Holban Yard with the rest of the cars. #172 was the Jamaica protect on that day.
  by tj48

160 &168 on the head end of a good size concrete tie insertion train sitting on the original main between Wyandanch and the Deer Park Ave. overpass.
  by tj48

165 & 157 dropping ballast on the original main between Wyandanch and Deer Park Ave.
  by LINYARailfan

Today 6/15,
168 and 158 were seen on the Garden Mitchell Secondary with the welded rail train at around 2:00PM.
At 2:38PM the RF1 was seen at Nassau Blvd on the Hempstead Branch right after train 6752.