• Train movie: name that movie

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by Benjamin Maggi

As a kid in the early 1990s, I found a VHS movie in the dollar store about a train that I thought was pretty interesting. I think it was actually a serial tv show that they strung together for the tape. From what I recall, it was in black and white. The plot was that someone was dressing up as a train engineer and stealing trains and then crashing them (and escaping before the crashes). I think that wearing a mask was involved. Perhaps the criminal was posing as another engineer, and the real engineer was getting blamed.

Does this sound like anything familiar to you?
  by NaugyRR

CSXT Employee Training Video?
  by Benjamin Maggi

After more research, I believe the film was called "The Hurricane Express."

Per wikipedia: The Hurricane Express is a 1932 American Pre-Code 12-chapter Mascot Pictures film serial starring John Wayne as airplane pilot Larry Baker, who goes after a mystery villain named "The Wrecker", who was responsible for a train crash that killed Baker's father.

I saw a trailer for it on Youtube and it looks about right. Of course, it has been 20 years since I saw it so who knows if it really is the movie I am thinking of.
  by henry2018

[quote="NaugyRR"]CSXT Employee Training Video?[/quote

LOL