Railroad Forums 

• Train movie: name that movie

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1486853  by Benjamin Maggi

As a kid in the early 1990s, I found a VHS movie in the dollar store about a train that I thought was pretty interesting. I think it was actually a serial tv show that they strung together for the tape. From what I recall, it was in black and white. The plot was that someone was dressing up as a train engineer and stealing trains and then crashing them (and escaping before the crashes). I think that wearing a mask was involved. Perhaps the criminal was posing as another engineer, and the real engineer was getting blamed.

Does this sound like anything familiar to you?
 #1486858  by NaugyRR

CSXT Employee Training Video?
 #1490409  by Benjamin Maggi

After more research, I believe the film was called "The Hurricane Express."

Per wikipedia: The Hurricane Express is a 1932 American Pre-Code 12-chapter Mascot Pictures film serial starring John Wayne as airplane pilot Larry Baker, who goes after a mystery villain named "The Wrecker", who was responsible for a train crash that killed Baker's father.

I saw a trailer for it on Youtube and it looks about right. Of course, it has been 20 years since I saw it so who knows if it really is the movie I am thinking of.