Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by ConstanceR46

No idea of the load (a date would be a bit helpful), but that's a Kasgro Red & Ready. This summer a couple with similar loads hung out by Hunters Point, the angles precluded me getting any good photos, however.
  by nyandw

Based on the 'clean' COTS lube stencil and the 'wheel dot' stencil 1979 plus. Surely a large electrical item, for perhaps LILCO.
  by ConstanceR46

Here's some more info, but on the car, not the load. I think, via the much-proven 80s cyberpunk tactic of ENHANCE!, it's KRL 25960. If not, and ENHANCING! has failed me, it at least provides the class and a date ballpark; post-1999.
  by Wayside

Looks like a transformer to me.
  by nyandw

ConstanceR46 wrote:Here's some more info, but on the car, not the load. I think, via the much-proven 80s cyberpunk tactic of ENHANCE!, it's KRL 25960. If not, and ENHANCING! has failed me, it at least provides the class and a date ballpark; post-1999.
Yes, sure looks like a KRL product. I emailed them, but the answer is "We don't keep these types of records." What is'cyberpunk tactic of ENHANCE'? Thanks.
  by Teutobergerwald

Back in 2000-2001, roughly, move out to the Hicksville LIPA facility?????
  by ConstanceR46

nyandw wrote:
ConstanceR46 wrote:Here's some more info, but on the car, not the load. I think, via the much-proven 80s cyberpunk tactic of ENHANCE!, it's KRL 25960. If not, and ENHANCING! has failed me, it at least provides the class and a date ballpark; post-1999.
Yes, sure looks like a KRL product. I emailed them, but the answer is "We don't keep these types of records." What is'cyberpunk tactic of ENHANCE'? Thanks.
It's a joke, back in 80s cyberpunk movies and other detective shows, i.e SVU, they'll zoom into a picture. In real life, not many photos are high-def that zooming into them will produce anything other than a blur, but i was able to make out 25690, therefore the tactic actually worked.

Sometimes i forget that this fourm is full of people who wouldn't understand most of my references.
  by nyandw

ConstanceR46 wrote:
nyandw wrote:
It's a joke, back in 80s cyberpunk movies and other detective shows, i.e SVU, they'll zoom into a picture. In real life, not many photos are high-def that zooming into them will produce anything other than a blur, but i was able to make out 25690, therefore the tactic actually worked. Sometimes i forget that this fourm is full of people who wouldn't understand most of my references.
You did good! Pics of this car in action: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsPict ... x?id=97922
They are: Kasgro Rail Lines Depressed Deck Cars AAR: KRL series 25960-25964 Load Cap: 244,000

I've reached out to others to see what they may know. Thank you. :-)